According to the work scope of China's environmental and sanitation
departments, urban household garbage includes: household garbage, garden waste,
office waste discharged by organs and units, street cleaning waste, waste
generated in public places, etc. In the actual collection process, industrial
wastes and small amounts of hazardous skins generated by small enterprises may
also be included. In addition, in the process of urban maintenance and
construction, a large amount of construction waste and muck will be generated,
and generally collected, transported and disposed of by the muck (or
construction waste) office of the sanitation department in accordance with
relevant regulations. There are many kinds of waste in domestic waste treatment
projects, but there is no clear classification method in China at present, such
1. Street garbage. It is the collection of waste collected from streets,
pavements or public places by human hands. The most common components are fallen
leaves, dust, paper, plastic and so on.
2. General garbage. Generally refers to the solid waste containing little
moisture in urban garbage, divided into combustible garbage and non-combustible
garbage, most rice from shops, schools, offices or organs.
3. Combustible waste: its composition is mostly paper, wood, wood chips,
rags, rubber, flowers, leaves and other waste containing organic chemical
components. Although this kind of waste is organic matter, it is different from
kitchen waste because of its low moisture content, high stability,
non-perishable and can be stored for a long time. In addition, it has a high
calorific value and can be burned without other auxiliary fuels.
4. Non-combustible waste: most of its components are metals, iron cans,
ceramics, glass, etc., and most of its components are inorganic materials, which
cannot be burned in ordinary incinerators less than 1000C.
5. Kitchen waste. Its composition is mostly the organic matter such as dishes
and swill, which is easy to corrupt, mainly from the family kitchen. The
composition is characterized by high moisture and organics, easy to decay and
6. Abandoned vehicles. Composed mostly of incombustible metal or glass, with
small amounts of plastics and rubber. Domestic waste treatment project
manufacturers said this kind of waste because of its large size and extremely
scattered sources, the government should be responsible for cleaning up.
7. Demolition of garbage. Its composition mainly for the household garbage
treatment project or building demolition waste, such as concrete blocks, waste
wood, waste pipes, masonry and so on.
8. Construction waste. This type of waste refers to the residual waste
generated during the construction of houses, buildings and roads, including mud
stones, concrete, bricks, tiles and electrical wires.